Reports to: Chair of the Board
Oversees the activities of top management and provides overall leadership for the Bank. Collaborates with CEO in establishing objectives, plans and policies. Consistently attends meetings of the Bank’s Board of Directors and committee meetings.
Primary Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Regularly attends board meetings and important related meetings.
- Makes serious commitment to participate actively in committee work.
- Volunteers for and willingly accepts assignments and completes them thoroughly and on time.
- Stays informed about committee matters, prepares for meetings, and reviews and comments on minutes and reports.
- Gets to know other committee members and builds a collegial working relationship that contributes to consensus.
- Is an active participant in the committee's annual evaluation and planning efforts.
Other Key Performance Measures:
The statements contained in this job description describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person accepting this role. “Secondary Duties and Responsibilities” are considered incidental or secondary to the overall purpose of the job. This job description does not state or imply the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this job. Employees holding this job will be required to perform any other job-related duties requested by management. All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with a disability.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.), preferably in finance or business
- Ongoing formal Director education
- A minimum of ten years of commercial business, accounting, economics, insurance and/or small business operations experience
- 8-10 years senior management and/or business owner
- Active involvement in the Bank community or market
- Willingness/ability to develop business for the Bank
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Maintains confidentiality
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to interpret regulations
- Comes prepared to meetings by reading material sent to them prior to the meeting
- Deals professionally with all internal and external directors and employees
- Analyzes information skillfully
- Judgment – displays willingness to make decisions, exhibits sound and accurate judgment
- Requires near vision
- Noise level in the area is usually moderate
- Must be able to stand, grasp, finger, feel, talk, and hear to perform the job