Who Should Participate
You should attend this seminar if you need to learn the basics of Traditional and Roth IRAs, or need an updated, general refresher on IRA rules.
This webinar will be held via Zoom. Attend virtually from the comfort of your home or office! You will receive the webinar link the day prior to the webinar. Please note: Each link is uniquely coded and may only be used by the individual registered for the course. We ask that you do not share the link and reserve the right to remove unregistered attendees.
Make your attendance count towards your continuing professional education credits! The MBA will provide a certificate of attendance that you may submit to the appropriate advisory board.
IRA Essentials gives attendees a solid foundation of IRA knowledge. Exercises are included throughout the day to help participants apply information to job-related situations. Attendees will leave this session able to work with IRA owners and process basic IRA transactions with confidence.
This is a beginner’s session; no previous IRA knowledge is assumed.
Those attending should bring a hand-held calculator.
Introduction and Establishing IRAs
- Identify the tax advantages of a Traditional and Roth IRA
- Summarize the IRA opening document requirements
- Explain the difference between primary and contingent beneficiaries
- Compare and contrast Traditional and Roth IRA eligibility requirements
- Explain the regular contribution limit
- Distinguish the regular contribution deadline
- State the rules for prior-year contributions
- Communicate the regular contribution reporting deadlines
- Identify federal income tax withholding requirements
- Recognize the exceptions to the early distribution penalty tax
- Summarize the tax consequences of Traditional and Roth IRA distributions
- Define a required minimum distribution and the required beginning date
- Communicate the distribution reporting deadlines
- Differentiate between a rollover and a transfer
- Recognize rollovers between IRAs and employer-sponsored retirement plan
This seminar will be taught by an associate from Ascensus. Ascensus instructors are recognized as some of the leading retirement plan experts in the industry. Instructors use classroom instruction, multimedia presentation, and real-world examples to create an ideal learning environment for attendees.
||$295.00 ($499.00 if also attending Advanced IRAs)
Note: If you plan to attend the Advanced IRA session as well, you will need to sign up for it separately and choose the "Both" option in order to receive the special rate of $499 for both classes. You will be given the option to pay by credit card or to invoice your company during the checkout process.
Date & Times
April 6, 2021
Program: 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
At Your Desk
The MBA reserves the right to cancel programs due to insufficient enrollment, instructor illness, or other reasons. Participants wishing to cancel must inform the MBA in writing prior to the event. Send cancellation notices to firstname.lastname@example.org. A cancellation fee of 25% of the program cost will be charged for withdrawing, or you may send a substitute. The full program fee will be charged for withdrawing after the event has taken place or a no-show.
Employees of qualified non-member banks are encouraged to apply. Please call our office for further information.
If you have a disability that may affect your participation in this program - or any dietary issues - please send a statement regarding any special needs to email@example.com at least two weeks prior to the program. We will contact you to discuss accommodations.
By registering, you hereby grant the MBA permission to use your likeness in a photograph, video, or other digital media in any and all of its publications or promotional materials, without payment or other consideration.