Who Should Participate
You should attend this seminar if you are an IRA administrator, a personal banker, or member services personnel with a working knowledge of basic IRA operations and wish to expand your expertise to provide enhanced customer service. A compliance specialist with procedural oversight of IRA policies and practices. Support personnel responsible for promotional materials that describe the services provided by your financial organization.
This webinar will be held via Zoom. Attend virtually from the comfort of your home or office! You will receive the webinar link the day prior to the webinar. Please note: Each link is uniquely coded and may only be used by the individual registered for the course. We ask that you do not share the link and reserve the right to remove unregistered attendees.
Make your attendance count towards your continuing professional education credits! The MBA will provide a certificate of attendance that you may submit to the appropriate advisory board.
Advanced IRAs builds on the attendees’ basic IRA knowledge to address some of the more complex IRA issues their financial organizations may handle. This is an advanced session; previous IRA knowledge is assumed. The instructor uses real-world exercises to help participants apply information to job-related situations. The course description may be updated based on the legislative changes that continue to come out and are pending in Congress.
Those attending should bring a hand-held calculator.
IRA Excess Contributions
- Explain recent changes affecting IRA owners
- Recognize how recent changes may affect your financial organization
Required Minimum Distributions
- Define an excess contribution
- Identify excess contribution correction methods
- Describe a recharacterization
- List the possible taxes and penalty taxes for excess contributions
- Calculate a required minimum distribution (RMD)
- Discuss the RMD rules and reporting requirement
- Describe beneficiary distribution options when an IRA owner died before January 1, 2020, or dies on or after January 1, 2020
- Recognize the differences for the various beneficiary types
- Explain beneficiary payment deadlines
- Summarize the restrictions on the movement between IRAs
- Describe a conversion
- Explain the effect of withholding on a conversion
- Recognize the options available when moving from an employer-sponsored retirement plan to an IRA
- Explain the result of violating the portability and conversion restrictions
This seminar will be taught by an associate from Ascensus. Ascensus instructors are recognized as some of the leading retirement plan experts in the industry. Instructors use classroom instruction, multimedia presentation, and real-world examples to create an ideal learning environment for attendees.
||$295.00 ($499.00 if also attending IRA Essentials)
Note: If you plan to attend the IRA Essentials session as well, you will need to sign up for it separately and choose the "Both" option in order to receive the special rate of $499 for both classes. You will be given the option to pay by credit card or to invoice your company during the checkout process.
Date & Times
April 7, 2021
Program: 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
The MBA reserves the right to cancel programs due to insufficient enrollment, instructor illness, or other reasons. Participants wishing to cancel must inform the MBA in writing prior to the event. Send cancellation notices to email@example.com. A cancellation fee of 25% of the program cost will be charged for withdrawing, or you may send a substitute. The full program fee will be charged for withdrawing after the event has taken place or a no-show.
Employees of qualified non-member banks are encouraged to apply. Please call our office for further information.
If you have a disability that may affect your participation in this program - or any dietary issues - please send a statement regarding any special needs to firstname.lastname@example.org at least two weeks prior to the program. We will contact you to discuss accommodations.
By registering, you hereby grant the MBA permission to use your likeness in a photograph, video, or other digital media in any and all of its publications or promotional materials, without payment or other consideration.