Attend virtually from the comfort of your home or office!
Who Should Participate
Commercial loan assistants and loan processors, credit administration supervisors, and other members of the bank’s loan support staff with credit administration responsibilities directed toward business lending.
This seminar is designed to increase the lending knowledge and administrative effectiveness of one of the most important positions in a community bank’s lending staff – the loan assistant/loan processor. All of the objectives of this program are directed at increasing the performance effectiveness of these individuals.
- The business loan application
- The business lender's relationship summary
- The business owner's personal financial statement
- Joint intent
- Types of business loans
- Steps involved in reaching a business lending decision
- Standard financial information requirements
- Supporting financial information requirements
- Federal tax return overview
- The role and types of collateral and attachment and lien perfection
- Common legal structures for business
- Specific business loan documentation
- The commercial note, security agreement and mortgage/deed of trust
- Articles of Incorporation
- Corporate By-Laws
- Certificate of Good Standing
- Borrowing authority (corporate resolution)
- Operating Agreement
- The commercial loan agreement (affirmative and negative covenants)
John Cochran has a banking career which spans over 35 years, and he has served in various lending and senior management positions. John established Cochran Associates LLC in 2000 to provide bank training and consulting services. To date, he has presented lending seminars for many state banking associations and annually participates in several commercial lending schools as a principal instructor or sole presenter. He is also a member of the Pacific Coast Banking School where he presents a series of lectures on the topic of credit risk management.
Registration Fee (This fee includes materials and refreshments)
|In-Person Registration - SOLD OUT
|In-Person 2nd person from same bank - SOLD OUT
Date & Times
May 6, 2021
Program: 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Minnesota Bankers Association
8050 Washington Avenue South
Eden Prairie, MN 55344
Click here for directions
The MBA reserves the right to cancel programs due to insufficient enrollment, instructor illness, or other reasons. Participants wishing to cancel must inform the MBA in writing prior to the event. Send cancellation notices to email@example.com. A cancellation fee of 25% of the program cost will be charged for withdrawing, or you may send a substitute. The full program fee will be charged for withdrawing after the event has taken place or a no-show.
By registering, you hereby grant the MBA permission to use your likeness in a photograph, video, or other digital media in any and all of its publications or promotional materials, without payment or other consideration.