Who Should Participate
Loan assistants and loan processors, credit administration supervisors, and other members of the bank’s loan support staff with credit administration responsibilities.
This seminar is designed to increase the lending knowledge and administrative effectiveness of one of the most important positions in a community bank’s lending staff – the loan assistant/loan processor. All of the objectives of this program are directed at increasing the performance effectiveness of these individuals.
The topics below will address two basic questions: Given the applicant’s loan request,
(1) What specific loan documentation will be required; and
(2) What “fair lending” compliance requirements must be considered?
Lending Resource will include:
- The loan assistant’s primary role in loan origination and bank profitability
- The loan assistant’s role in developing and maintaining effective, working partnerships with lenders
- The loan assistant’s role in compliance with federal lending regulations, including a discussion on the Truth-in-Lending/RESPA disclosures
- Updating HMDA reporting information
- A review of the primary loan documentation for consumer, residential and small business loans
- A variety of lending resources to increase the lending knowledge of loan assistants
- Lending risk management and regulatory websites
- Sample loan documentation
- Sample loan policy narrative
- Sample credit administration guidelines
- Sample loan underwriting guidelines and documentation procedures
- Sample loan closing checklists
- Sample post-closing loan review form
John Cochran has a banking career which spans over 35 years, and he has served in various lending and senior management positions. John established Cochran Associates LLC in 2000 to provide bank training and consulting services. To date, he has presented lending seminars for many state banking associations and annually participates in several commercial lending schools as a principal instructor or sole presenter. He is also a member of the Pacific Coast Banking School where he presents a series of lectures on the topic of credit risk management.
Registration Fee (This fee includes materials and refreshments)
|2nd person from same bank:
Date & Times
May 5, 2021
Program: 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Minnesota Bankers Association
8050 Washington Avenue South
Eden Prairie, MN 55344
Click here for directions
The MBA reserves the right to cancel programs due to insufficient enrollment, instructor illness, or other reasons. Participants wishing to cancel must inform the MBA in writing prior to the event. Send cancellation notices to email@example.com. A cancellation fee of 25% of the program cost will be charged for withdrawing, or you may send a substitute. The full program fee will be charged for withdrawing after the event has taken place or a no-show.
By registering, you hereby grant the MBA permission to use your likeness in a photograph, video, or other digital media in any and all of its publications or promotional materials, without payment or other consideration.