Who Should Participate
This program will be beneficial to all frontline staff, lenders, HR personnel, tellers, and CEOs.
This seminar will be presented via Zoom. You will receive the webinar link the day prior to the webinar. Please note: Each link is uniquely coded and may only be used by the individual registered for the course. We ask that you do not share the link and reserve the right to remove unregistered attendees.
Our presenter will unpack the meaning of diversity, inclusion, and bias. She will focus on conscious and unconscious bias, reviewing various types of unconscious biases, as well as strategies for interrupting unconscious bias. Topics will include:
- A review of the concepts of diversity and inclusion and the difference between the two
- The business case for diversity and inclusion
- Conscious bias, unconscious bias, and micro-aggressions
- Bias as an impediment to diversity and inclusion efforts
- Explanations and examples of different forms of cognitive biases
- Methods for interrupting unconscious biases
Three key take-aways bankers will gain from this presentation:
1. Diversity and inclusion are not the same thing
2. Diversity and inclusion are important for your bank's business
3. There are action steps we can take to interrupt biases
Samia Kirmani, Jackson Lewis P.C., is the co-leader of Jackson Lewis's workplace training practice group and has significant experience providing interactive, engaging presentations and workshops on diversity, inclusion, and bias.
|Group Rate (up to 10 from same bank):
Note: You will be given the option to pay by credit card or to invoice your company during the checkout process.
Date & Time
December 2, 2020
9:00 AM - 10:00 AM
At Your Desk
The MBA reserves the right to cancel programs due to insufficient enrollment, instructor illness, or other reasons. Participants wishing to cancel must inform the MBA in writing prior to the event. Send cancellation notices to firstname.lastname@example.org. A cancellation fee of 25% of the program cost will be charged for withdrawing, or you may send a substitute. The full program fee will be charged for withdrawing after the event has taken place or a no-show.