The troubled agricultural economy has already resulted in a sharp increase in bankruptcy filings, with many more projected in 2020. This seminar will examine the various chapters of bankruptcy that are likely to be filed by farmers and will provide practical insight on how bankers can successfully navigate through the different types of bankruptcy.
The learning objectives of this program include:
- Understanding a broad overview of Chapter 7 Bankruptcy.
- Understanding a broad overview of Chapter 12 Bankruptcy.
- Understanding the automatic stay of bankruptcy.
- Understanding the process for lifting the stay of bankruptcy with respect to secured collateral.
- Understanding the claims process.
- Understanding use of cash collateral and adequate protection of secured creditors.
- Understanding the plan of reorganization confirmation process.
- Understanding special issues presented by agricultural collateral in a bankruptcy.
Matthew Bialick, M | J | B Law Firm
Registration Fee (includes lunch)
||$199.00 per person
||$299.00 per person
Note: You will be given the option to pay by credit card or to invoice your company during the checkout process.
Dates & Times
August 12, 2020
Program: 9:00 - 11:30 AM
Minnesota Bankers Association
8050 Washington Avenue South
Eden Prairie, MN 55344
Click here for directions
The MBA reserves the right to cancel programs due to insufficient enrollment, instructor illness, or other reasons. Participants wishing to cancel must inform the MBA in writing prior to the event. Send cancellation notices to firstname.lastname@example.org. A cancellation fee of 25% of the program cost will be charged for withdrawing, or you may send a substitute. The full program fee will be charged for withdrawing after the event has taken place or a no-show.
If you have a disability that may affect your participation in this program - or any dietary issues - please send a statement regarding any special needs to email@example.com at least two weeks prior to the program. We will contact you to discuss accommodations.