Who Should Participate
You should attend this seminar if you need to learn the basics of Traditional and Roth IRAs, or need an updated, general refresher on IRA rules.
Make your attendance count towards your continuing professional education credits! The MBA will provide a certificate of attendance that you may submit to the appropriate advisory board.
Introduction and Establishing IRAs
- Identify the tax differences of a Traditional and Roth IRA
- Summarize the IRA opening document requirements
- Explain the difference between primary and contingent beneficiaries
- Compare and contrast Traditional and Roth IRA eligibility requirements
- Explain the regular contribution limit
- Distinguish the regular contribution deadline
- State the rules for prior-year contributions
- Communicate the regular contribution reporting deadlines
- Identify federal income tax withholding requirements
- Recognize the exceptions to the early distribution penalty tax
- Summarize the tax consequences of Traditional and Roth IRA distributions
- Communicate distribution reporting deadlines
On December 20, 2019, Congress passed the Further Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2020, which included the provisions of the Setting Every Community Up for Retirement Enhancement (SECURE) Act. The SECURE Act represents the most comprehensive retirement reform legislation in more than a decade, and its enactment requires financial organizations to take swift action.
- Differentiate between a rollover and a transfer
- Recognize rollovers between IRAs and employer-sponsored retirement plans
We’ll discuss some best practices designed to assist you while the IRS and DOL are working on formal guidance pertaining to SECURE.
Ascensus instructors are recognized as some of the leading retirement plan experts in the industry. Instructors use classroom instruction, multimedia presentation, and real-world examples to create an ideal learning environment for attendees.
Registration Fee (This fee includes materials, lunch and refreshments)
$499.00 if also attending Advanced IRAs
Note: You will be given the option to pay by credit card or to invoice your company during the checkout process.
Dates & Times
April 7, 2020
Check in: 8:45 AM
Program: 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Minnesota Bankers Association
8050 Washington Avenue South
Eden Prairie, MN 55344
Click here for directions
Lodging arrangements can be made at: Hyatt Place, Eden Prairie. Click here to make an online reservation, or call 952-944-9700 - dial “0” for the front desk, (Ask for the Minnesota Bankers Association rate of $148.00, plus tax)
The MBA reserves the right to cancel programs due to insufficient enrollment, instructor illness, or other reasons. Participants wishing to cancel must inform the MBA in writing prior to the event. Send cancellation notices to email@example.com. A cancellation fee of 25% of the program cost will be charged for withdrawing, or you may send a substitute. The full program fee will be charged for withdrawing after the event has taken place or a no-show.
If you have a disability that may affect your participation in this program - or any dietary issues - please send a statement regarding any special needs to firstname.lastname@example.org at least two weeks prior to the program. We will contact you to discuss accommodations.