Jay Tambornino joined the MBA Consulting Group as an IT consultant in 2006. He conducts comprehensive information technology audits, testing and assessments for Minnesota Bankers Association member banks. His experience includes over 24 years in the IT industry with thirteen years in a bank setting. Throughout his career, he has acquired an extensive understanding of bank information technology as well as many aspects of bank operations. His IT and banking knowledge allows him to conduct specialized technology tests for banks to ensure they are following industry best practices.
Areas of Expertise
- Information technology audits
- Information security assessments
- Penetration testing
- Strategic technology planning
- New department development
- Disaster recovery planning
- Policy creation
- Social engineering assessments
- Network security best practices
- Software development
- Core banking selection
- Management Information Systems (MIS)
Tom Boswell-Healey, J.D.
Senior Compliance Consultant, Associate Counsel
Tom Boswell-Healey joined the MBA Consulting Group in 2006 as a compliance consultant. He also serves the Minnesota Bankers Association as an associate counsel. He frequently conducts compliance assessments, reviews, training, and implements process improvements for MBA member banks to meet regulatory expectations and industry best practices. He has a J.D., with an emphasis in financial institution practice, from William Mitchell College of Law.
Mr. Boswell-Healey has nearly 20 years of experience in the financial services industry, including compliance and operations consulting for financial institutions with a national consulting firm, and working as a community banker in operations management and lending. At the MBA Consulting Group, he has consulted with banks varying in size from 10 million to 500+ million dollars in total assets. He has also been a featured speaker on a variety of legal and regulatory topics at the Minnesota Continuing Legal Education Banking Law Institute, MBA programs and county banker group events.
Areas of Expertise
Developing, implementing, and testing consumer compliance programs
- Testing compliance with Minnesota and federal laws and regulations
- Training on legal and regulatory banking topics
- Performing credit quality reviews
- Providing examination support prior to, during and after regulatory examinations
- Drafting consumer, commercial, and agricultural policies and documentation
- Independent testing of BSA/AML compliance programs
- Independent testing of ACH functions