Who Should Participate
This program is designed for commercial lenders who have at least three years of commercial lending experience. Participants who have successfully completed the MBA’s Commercial Lending School will be given preference when registering.
Make your attendance count towards your continuing professional education credits! The MBA will provide a certificate of attendance that you may submit to the appropriate advisory board.
This two-day commercial lending program utilizes case studies and will give participants the opportunity to apply a variety of analytical tools to reach lending decisions. Specific topics will include:
- Analyzing common-sized income statements and balance sheets to identify the historical trends of the case study company.
- Reviewing the company owner’s personal financial information to determine the owner’s personal liquidity and financial leverage.
- Identifying the key elements of each company that will require financial analysis.
- Applying both ratio and global cash flow analysis to determine each company’s financial condition and repayment ability.
- Reviewing the collateral securing the loan and determining proper collateral values.
- Developing commercial loan agreements for each case study company to provide a framework of monitoring on-going financial performance.
- Determining the proper loan quality risk rating for each company.
This program includes three commercial lending case studies. Working together in small groups, participants will have the opportunity review each case and apply the most appropriate decision-making analytical tools.
John Cochran has served in various management and lending positions such as Compliance and Loan Review Officer, Consumer and Commercial Lender, Senior Lender and President and CEO of a community bank. John currently has his own consulting firm of John Cochran & Associates and devotes full time to developing and leading lending seminars, conducting in-bank training and providing consulting and loan review searches for community banks.
Registration Fee (This fee includes materials, lunch and refreshments)
|Each additional registrant from same bank:
|Qualified Non-Member banker
Note: You will be given the option to pay by credit card or to invoice your company during the checkout process.
Dates & Times
May 9 & 10, 2019
Check in: 8:30 AM
Program: 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Minnesota Bankers Association
8050 Washington Avenue South
Eden Prairie, MN 55344
Click here for directions
Lodging arrangements can be made at: Hyatt Place, Eden Prairie. Click here to make an online reservation, or call
952-944-9700 - dial “0” for the front desk, (Ask for the Minnesota Bankers Association rate of $148.00, plus tax)
The MBA reserves the right to cancel programs due to insufficient enrollment, instructor illness, or other reasons. Participants wishing to cancel must inform the MBA in writing prior to the event. Send cancellation notices to firstname.lastname@example.org. A cancellation fee of 25% of the program cost will be charged for withdrawing, or you may send a substitute. The full program fee will be charged for withdrawing after the event has taken place or a no-show.
If you have a disability that may affect your participation in this program - or any dietary issues - please send a statement regarding any special needs to email@example.com at least two weeks prior to the program. We will contact you to discuss accommodations.