|Universal Banker - Prior Lake Branch location
Submit resume via e-mail to email@example.com
Submit resume to Human Resources, 428 Central Ave N, Faribault MN 55021
Complete an application at the Prior Lake Branch located at 6867 Boudin St NE, Prior Lake MN 55372
|EDUCATION AND SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- 2-3 years customer service/sales experience preferred
- Must have computer knowledge and experience and be able to operate typical office equipment.
- This position requires occasional lifting of up to 15 lbs., primarily works in an office setting, must be able to drive to branch offices.
- Primarily works day hours but must be available for Saturday rotation, off-hours for meetings, trainings and other business related events.
- Some licensing and/or certifications may be necessary for loan activities.
The Universal Banker position is part of the bank’s retail area and will initially report directly to the Vice President of Retail Banking. The primary responsibility of this position is to help deepen customer relationships, attract additional customers and provide excellent customer service. This position is responsible for vault and teller cash handling duties, opening new deposit accounts and cross-selling additional products in conjunction with the overall sales efforts of the Bank. Further duties may include support of the lending functions located at the Branch facility.
This position will also be responsible for completing sales activities to help attract new customers. These duties will include executing marketing plans, soliciting additional banking relationships, developing prospect lists, and other tasks as requested by their supervisor.
New Accounts: 30%
- Will open accounts for customers as needed. This position will be responsible for opening accounts for new and existing customers as well as cross-selling additional banking products as appropriate. Some examples are:
- Opening Consumer and Commercial deposit accounts
- Issuing and maintaining Certificates of Deposit.
- Opening and maintaining IRA accounts.
- Sales, maintenance and support of products such as Debit Cards, Internet Banking, our Mobile App and Remote Deposit services.
Vault and Teller Duties: 30%
- Perform paying and receiving functions for customers. This will include taking deposits, withdrawals, and transfers from customers. Additionally, may sell gift and travel cards, money orders and help customers with additional related services.
- Understand and comply with the related laws and compliance regulations that pertain to teller duties. Examples include bank secrecy act, privacy, and funds availability policy.
- Provide a high level of customer service. This includes understanding customer needs, as well as understanding the bank products offered.
- Ensure that the assigned cash balances on a daily basis and is kept secure at all times.
- Must keep cash drawer within assigned drawer limits.
- Responsible for selling additional products to all customers. Sales achievement will be an important part of the overall performance measure in this job.
- Participate in the various retail product campaigns the bank initiates. Activities will include phone solicitation of new accounts from targeted customers.
- Responsible to call on customers for items such as IRA’s, CD renewals, new accounts appreciation, and new account solicitation.
- This position will know other products the bank offers. In that capacity, this person will refer customers to the appropriate department in the bank for service. This may include loans, investment banking and the like.
Staff Support: 10%
- Provide back-up and support to the other office staff and departments. The Prior Lake office will be a small office with all staff members wearing multiple hats
- As part of the overall team of bank employees, this position may be requested to assist in the support of other bank activities. This may include open houses, Commercial and Mortgage lending as well as other duties as assigned.