|Chief Financial Officer (CFO)|
Email resume and cover letter to Skemp@ssbhibbing.com
- Bachelors’ degree in accounting required; MBA/Masters degree (or CPA designation) in finance and accounting preferred.
- Minimum of ten years experience in banking industry; including financial and asset/liability management experience.
- Ability to successfully complete internal training programs around, and maintain ongoing education in: Compliance, bank operations, services and products; industry regulations; and policies and procedures
- Ability to maintain proficiency in software relevant to job responsibilities
In partnership with the CEO and other Senior Management, creates the strategic direction of the organization’s accounting, financial and investment functions and coordinates execution of strategic objectives. Responsible for strategic and tactical matters related to budget management, cost benefit analysis, forecasting needs and securing of new funding and investment. Directs the fiscal functions of the organization.
- Directs the fiscal functions of the organization in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles issued by the Financial Accounting Standards Board and other regulatory and advisory organizations and in accordance with financial management techniques and practices appropriate within the financial industry.
- Oversees preparation of financial reports, including income statements and balance sheets that accurately reflect the financial condition of the Bank and holding company; oversees reconciliation of multiple balance sheet accounts (e.g., prepaids, life insurance assets and accruals)
Plans, develops, organizes, implements, directs and evaluates the organizations fiscal function and performance. Evaluates and advises on the impact of long range financial planning, introduction of new programs/strategies and regulatory action.
- Directs the development of banks annual budget in collaboration with the management staff; regularly analyzes bank performance and provides detailed reports to management; seeks opportunities for increased profitability and efficiency.
- Develops credibility for the finance group by providing timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial reports and financial trends in order to assist the CEO/President, the board and other senior executives in performing their responsibilities.
- Manages banks cash position; determines banks cash investment strategies; monitors banks liquidity position and cash needs.
- Develops and implements investment policy and manages investment portfolio, liquidity balancing risk, return and liquidity needs; initiates sales and purchases of securities
- Develops a reliable cash flow projection process and reporting mechanism that includes minimum cash threshold to meet operating needs
- Liaison to regulatory agencies and CPA firms; coordinates and responds to external audits and regulatory exams.
- Responsible for the ALCO committee and the ALCO function
- Manages the Internal Audit Program
- Enhances, develops and implements policies and procedures for the organization by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the corporation.
- Provides technical financial advice and knowledge to others within the financial discipline.
- Optimizes the handling of bank and deposit relationships and initiates appropriate strategies to enhance capital position.
- Acts as an advisor from the financial perspective on any contracts into which the organization may enter.
- Performs Payroll calculations in support of HR for payroll processing.