|Commercial Lender III|
Bachelor's Degree (BA) from a 4 year college
Minimum of 3 to 5 years commercial lending experience
This position is responsible for developing and managing a quality commercial loan portfolio. Provide exceptional customer service while managing all aspects of the borrowing relationship. Identify opportunities to broaden customer relationships and actively cross-sell the bank’s retail products and services to generate additional revenue. This position requires a strong knowledge of business cash cycles and cash flow analysis. There is an existing loan portfolio available and a strong credit department for preparing loan presentations.
This position is encouraged to mentor other Commercial Lenders, assist the Director of Commercial Lending with special projects and/or sit on committees, as requested.
To perform this job successfully the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Possess a solid understanding of various types of business borrowers. Fully understand business cash cycles, debt service and cash flow. Possess the knowledge and skills to review and underwrite complex commercial loan requests.
- Possess the drive and ability to successfully market the bank and develop new business leads and quality loan business.
- Identifies commercial loan opportunities with new and existing customers and actively develops solutions to meet customer loan needs and expectations. Achieves bank loan growth, yield and portfolio quality goals and objectives. This includes: collecting, reviewing, and analyzing financial statements and tax returns as part of the loan underwriting process. Identifies what bank products and services best meet the customer’s needs and financial circumstances and makes recommendations.
- Understands SBA products and programs.
- Manages current customer relationships to ensure adequate review and oversight which include proper risk analysis and loan repayment performance.
- Actively calls on existing customers and potential customers to generate new loans to support bank loan growth, yield and portfolio objectives.
- Represents the bank in the communities we serve by participating in public events, volunteering or serving on non-profit organizations, committees, boards and area Chambers of Commerce.
- Serves, as requested, on bank committees and present information to committees and groups of co-workers.
The competencies listed below are critical to the success of this role.
Business Acumen: Understands business implications of decisions and demonstrates knowledge of market and competition. Aligns work with strategic goals. Displays orientation to profitability.
At the Bank of Elk River, our passion is people. Our employees, our customers, and our community are the reason we love to come to work each day. We know that when people come together with a shared vision, amazing things happen. We are a company of ambitious, tireless people working together to build a better financial future for our customers and our communities.
Being in business for over 135 years means we know what we are doing, and we do it well. We are constantly challenging ourselves to deliver better, faster, and more meaningful, personalized services. Our customers know our name and we know generations of business owners. We are committed to making a difference in our customers lives through our unceasing pursuit of innovation and transcendence.
Please join the Bank of Elk River for the opportunity of a new job, but stay because they have found a dynamic, challenging career. Discover what is possible.