Send your resume to:
Home State Bank
P.O. Box 1620
Willmar, MN 56201
E-mail to: email@example.com
EOE/AA M/F/Vet/Disability Employer. Women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
You Will Need
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance or related area, or equivalent related experience required.
- 3 – 5 years of ag lending or related experience desired; HOWEVER, willing to mentor inexperienced candidates with the appropriate mindset and farm knowledge.
- Proficiency in financial analysis skills preferred.
- Working knowledge of all bank products and services. Direct sales and business development experience.
- The ability to multi-task
- Demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality required.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office applications.
We Are the Perfect Fit If You:
- Have both the ability and desire to go above and beyond for our customers.
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit and are challenged by the opportunity to grow the business.
- Focused on learning and development to enhance the team’s knowledge and expertise.
- Believe in integrity and building success by developing relationships with others.
- Are an independent self-starter who can sell and develop strong business relationships.
- Have good listening skills and the ability to determine customers’ needs efficiently
- Have a collaborative leadership style along with a strategic mindset.
- Have a background in lending.
The Power of a Great Career! Do you enjoy agriculture? Do you have a background in finance or lending? Are you looking to grow your career with a community-focused financial institution? If you do, then we have the perfect position for you.
We are currently seeking an Ag Lender to join our lending team in Litchfield, Minnesota. If you are an outgoing, team-oriented individual who has the ability to create meaningful long-term relationships and are committed to helping your customers succeed, you could be the perfect fit for Home State Bank.
As an Ag Lender you will be responsible for developing and maintaining a portfolio of primarily Ag customers while providing maximum profitability with minimum risk. You will effectively communicate, collect and analyze tax returns and farm financials, build relationships and document credit decisions while providing superior customer service.
At Home State Bank, you will find a friendly, family-oriented atmosphere that only a local, family-owned community bank can provide. We know our customers by name, we know their families, and we are proud to be a part of our local community, helping businesses and families, achieve their dreams. We hire people who share these same values. We are the “People You Can Talk To” with locations in Willmar, Cosmos, Litchfield, and Hutchinson.
What You’ll be Doing:
- Community Banking- You will commit to a holistic understanding of community banking so you can guide customers efficiently and effectively. You will use this knowledge to craft personalized financial solutions that are right for both the customer and HSB.
- Client Management- You will prioritize maintaining and forming strong relationships with customers that are convenient and appropriate for them, at our branch locations or their place of business. You will evaluate how HSB can support each customer by developing unique and individualized financing solutions.
- Sales and Business Development- You will engage existing and prospective customers to learn about their farm/business and vision for its growth. You will expand the scope of HSB’s relationship with its customers by educating them on all that HSB has to offer, from deposit products to lending solutions and everything in between.
- Profitability- You will help HSB grow by expanding your portfolio and branch deposits though sales.
- Risk Mitigation- You will proactively manage customer needs and suggest solutions to avoid delinquencies and overdrafts. You will review documents carefully to eliminate errors that could lead to loss and will use your lending knowledge to secure all loans in accordance with HSB’s loan policy.
Other Responsibilities Include:
This position will be responsible for interviewing current customers and prospective loan applicants to define customer needs, underwrite, structure, and close agricultural, small commercial, and consumer loans, as well as servicing an existing portfolio. This position will require business development and community involvement.