|President and Chief Executive Officer||n/a||False||5/23/2023||n/a||H-7641|
The President and Chief Executive Officer provides vision and leadership for all aspects of MBFC’s operations with an emphasis on short-term and long-term goals, development, growth of the business in its market position, and ensures the organization maintains thriving culture.
Essential Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Demonstrates exceptional written and oral communication skills for a variety of internal and external audiences.
- 10 years of managerial experience leading team(s) toward a successful business outcome in the financial industry or related field.
- Background and expertise in one or more of the following areas: internal controls, financial risk management, commercial lending, legal issues related to commercial lending, corporate governance, or economic, community or workforce development.
- Specific knowledge of and experience in SBA 504 and other loan/economic development programs is preferred.
- Exhibits excellent leadership, managerial and financial knowledge, skill, and ability.
- Demonstrates a hunger to equip highly capable staff to achieve business operational excellence.
- Inspires trust with the Board of Directors and trust with employees.
- Possesses the skill to collaborate and to know when to be decisive.
- Demonstrates effectiveness with cross-generational management practices and approaches for changing workforce.
- Must be able to receive clearance from US SBA. This is a condition for employment.
- Stimulates a healthy organizational culture that can pivot and be agile in rapidly changing work environments.
- Articulates a clear and concise vision for MBFC that has sound strategy, tactics, and measures.
- Manages and directs MBFC toward its primary goals and objectives.
- Oversees employment decisions at the executive level.
- Leads a team of executives to consider major decisions including acquisitions, mergers, joint ventures, or large-scale expansions.
- Interfaces (in-person) with staff, Loan Committees, Board of Directors, Members, and other stakeholders per SBA requirement.
For a more complete description click here.
How to Apply
Candidates are invited to submit a cover letter and professional resume outlining their interest in the position. Candidates are encouraged to provide specific evidence for their qualification for the position in materials submitted. Include any boards served on with dates and current contact person(s).
Required, 3 references that can speak to the candidate’s professional background, character & profile. Supply references full name, phone number(s) and email.
Candidates submit their materials to MBFC – email@example.com.
- Application open, June 1-16, 2023.
- Materials reviewed by Search Committee, June 19-30, 2023.
- 1st round of interviews July 10 -21, 2023.
- In person at MBFC office.
- Interview with Search Committee.
- Candidates pay for their own travel expenses.
- 2nd round of interviews July 24-31, 2023.
- In person at MBFC office.
- Candidates will make a presentation to Search Committee. Topic to be assigned.
- Candidates will meet with staff.
- Candidates’ travel expenses will be paid by MBFC.
- August/September – Board review and approval of final candidate.
- October start date.
Candidate questions can be sent to - Dr. Scott Morrell, Rebar Leadership.
firstname.lastname@example.org or 952-288-4253.