|Human Resources Consultant|
To view a summary of our superior benefits package and apply for this position, please visit our Careers page at https://www.ubb.com/about-us/careers.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management or related field
- 3+ years of human resource experience in a generalist position supporting a variety of HR functions, including administrative, employee relations and policy interpretations and creation
- Experience in banking industry preferred
- Ability to deal effectively with all levels of community bank staff
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion at all times
- Ability to assist and learn the process for Affirmative Action Plan development
- Basic understanding of federal/state employment-related regulations
- Reliable attendance, whether remote or in-person, as approved during scheduled business hours
- Strong analytical and researching skills to resolve complex issues
- Demonstrated customer service focus
- HR certification preferred, along with interest in professional development
- Possess valid driver’s license and the ability to travel up to 10% of the time
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
As a Human Resources (HR) Consultant with USource, HR Consulting Services at United Bankers’ Bank, you will work with a dedicated team of HR experts to develop and maintain relationships with community banks while providing them with the resources needed to support and strengthen the HR functions at their institution. Your consultative expertise and support from fellow team members will provide community banks answers to complex employment law-related questions, ultimately instilling them with confidence and peace of mind to make difficult but vital decisions for their financial institutions.
Candidate should be located in Twin-Cities metro area but has the opportunity to work remote or hybrid. If remote, occasional travel to UBB’s Bloomington office or elsewhere for training, meetings, conducting forums and client visits is expected.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- Develops and maintains member relationships through discussions and possible in-person bank visits.
- Consults with team members on complex employment law-related questions from members.
- Responds to member hotline calls and e-mails, and logs information into CRM database.
- Creates and updates members’ employee handbooks.
- Responsible for USource administrative functions including new member setup and service cancellations, database maintenance and CRM support.
- Updates and maintains the USource Online library, including entering and updating employment law posters, forms and templates.
- Assigns and administers pre-employment assessments.
- Assists with development and distribution of USource communications.
- Develops and presents webinars and forums.
Headquartered in Bloomington, MN and chartered in 1975, United Bankers’ Bank (UBB) is the nation’s first bankers’ bank. Today, UBB has over $1 billion in assets, and is a trusted correspondent banking partner to over 1,000 community banks from the West Coast to the Great Lakes and South Atlantic. Our “First for Your Success” motto is a guiding principle that establishes the success of each and every customer and UBB employee as our number one priority.
United Bankers’ Bank is an EEO/AA employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.