|Vice President Lending Officer|
To view a summary of our superior benefits package and apply for this position, please visit our Careers page at https://www.ubb.com/about-us/careers.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree with formal credit training or MBA
- 8+ years of banking experience
- 5+ years of lending experience
- MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- Evaluates loan requests based on sound underwriting practices consistent with regulatory requirements, UBB loan policy requirements and UBB portfolio management practices. Decides to present to appropriate credit authority or decline.
- Acts as voting member on UBB Loan Committee.
- Calls on community banks to discuss new lending opportunities.
- Maintains ongoing and effective communication with client banks.
- Analyzes financial, business and market information for a wide variety of businesses including:
- Commercial bank holding companies and their subsidiary banks
- Commercial and industrial businesses
- Agricultural businesses
- Commercial real estate projects, including construction and development projects
- Non-profit organizations and individuals
- Maintains knowledge of the appropriate structure for various types of credit.
- Evaluates collateral proposed for loans in respect to value, marketability and control.
- Evaluates the paying capacity of guarantors.
- Assesses the client bank’s ability to effectively manage the credit in the case of participation loans.
- Creates concise but comprehensive credit presentations with the assistance and support of a Portfolio Manager.
- Directs loan operations or bank counsel to prepare the appropriate legal documents for approved direct loans and obtains all required signatures, collateral and collateral perfection for the transaction.
- Reviews the loan documents prepared by or for the client bank for participation loans.
- Provides ongoing review and administration of loans.
- Monitors payment performance on loans and engages the client bank or the borrower when loans are past due.
- Manages collection effort for loans in default.
- Engages client banks with participation loans in a cooperative dialogue with the aim of bringing resolution to the problem asset.
- Coordinates for the sale of loans to other participating banks when sub-participation is required.
Headquartered in Bloomington, MN and chartered in 1975, United Bankers’ Bank (UBB) is the nation’s first bankers’ bank. Today, UBB has over $1 billion in assets, and is a trusted correspondent banking partner to over 1,000 community banks from the West Coast to the Great Lakes and South Atlantic. Our “First for Your Success” motto is a guiding principle that establishes the success of each and every customer and UBB employee as our number one priority.
United Bankers’ Bank is an EEO/AA employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.