The competencies listed below are critical to the success of this role.
Business Acumen: Understands business implications of decisions and demonstrates knowledge of market and competition. Aligns work with strategic goals. Displays orientation to profitability.
Communication: Excellent oral and written communication skills. Communicates effectively and respectfully with all points of contact. Treats others with respect and shows sensitivity for differences.
Time Management: Uses time management skills to prioritize, plan out work activities, and completes work on time. Reacts well under pressure and can multitask to meet deadlines.
Teambuilding: Fosters a working environment where employees are encouraged to contribute and build a positive team spirit. Balances team and individual responsibilities. Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views.
Customer Service: Provides excellent customer service with external and internal customers of the bank. Works well with others.
Development: Accepts responsibility for own actions. Meets challenges with resourcefulness. Pursues training and development opportunities and strives to continuously build and share knowledge and skills.
Attention to Detail: Demonstrates a high level of accuracy, attention to detail and is able to edit work for errors. Highly organized in order to manage multiple projects efficiently and effectively.
Change Management: Adapts to changes in the work environment. Changes approach or method to best fit the situation. Able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
This position is responsible for developing and managing a quality commercial loan portfolio. Provide exceptional customer service while managing all aspects of the borrowing relationship. Identify opportunities to broaden customer relationships and actively cross-sell the bank’s retail products and services to generate additional revenue. This position requires a strong knowledge of business cash cycles, cash flow analysis, real estate financing and financial statements.
To perform this job successfully the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identifies commercial loan opportunities with new and existing customers and actively develops solutions to meet customer loan needs and expectations. Achieves bank loan growth, yield and portfolio quality goals and objectives. This includes: collecting, reviewing, and analyzing financial statements and tax returns as part of the loan underwriting process. Identifies what bank products and services best meet the customer’s needs and financial circumstances and makes recommendations.
- Manages current customer relationships to ensure adequate review and oversight which include proper risk analysis and loan repayment performance.
- Monitors customer reporting covenants to minimize loan file exceptions. Maintains current loan file financial information including: financial statements, tax returns, borrowing base certificates, titles, liens and insurance policies.
- Actively calls on existing customers and potential customers to generate new loans to support bank loan growth, yield and portfolio objectives.
- Represents the bank in the communities we serve by participating in public events, volunteering or serving on non-profit organizations, committees, boards and area Chambers of Commerce.
- Assists Director of Commercial Lending and/or Senior Commercial Lenders with special projects, portfolio management or other tasks as assigned.
At the Bank of Elk River, our passion is people. Our employees, our customers, and our community are the reason we love to come to work each day. We know that when people come together with a shared vision, amazing things happen. We are a company of ambitious, tireless people working together to build a better financial future for our customers and our communities.
Being in business for over 135 years means we know what we are doing, and we do it well. We are constantly challenging ourselves to deliver better, faster, and more meaningful, personalized services. Our customers know our name and we know generations of business owners. We are committed to making a difference in our customers lives through our unceasing pursuit of innovation and transcendence.
Please join the Bank of Elk River for the opportunity of a new job, but stay because they have found a dynamic, challenging career. Discover what is possible.