This position is responsible for all Deposit operations. Responsible for ensuring that all Maintenance/Servicing, Legal, Reporting, Compliance Documentation, Reviewing/QC & Training tasks are completed in compliance with the applicable regulations, MidCountry Bank policies and procedures or special requirements as dictated by the deposit approval authority.
Responsible for deposit account daily operations and resolutions. Provides first level support to branch staff regarding customer or account processing issues. Responsible for daily GL reconciliation and maintaining a clean and accurate deposit customer data base. Provides direct external customer support to Cash Management customers.
1. Maintenance/Servicing – Ensuring accuracy and that system is maintained to the highest standards
- Exception item processing (Non-posted items, NSFs, Stop Pays, Charge Backs) based on daily reports
- Deposit accounts file maintenance (address changes, customer information changes, account type changes, sweep maintenance)
- Reviewing internal daily, weekly, and monthly reports (CIF, New Accounts, Closed Accounts, Large Items, Reg CC, Reg D, Exceptions, etc.)
- Item Processing (Check Adjustments, Return Processing, Foreign Items, Teller Adjustments)
- Scanning of client information and documentation
- Balancing and accounting for any differences in assigned general ledger balances
- Thoroughly understanding procedures to identify potential fraud when assisting branch staff
- Assisting with basic branch inquiries
2. Reporting- including reporting general ledgers, federal government payments, B-notices (TIN Notice), annual escheatment, Quarterly MasterCard Reporting
- Preparing thorough balance accounting to be provided to the Finance Department monthly