North Shore Bank is a locally-owned and managed, independent, community bank that has been operating in the Duluth area for over 100 years! North Shore Bank has a first-rate reputation of relationship building and delivering the highest level of service to our clients. Within our core values, North Shore Bank conducts stewardship in the communities where we operate by giving back in meaningful ways.
With continued growth, the North Shore Investments & Trust department is seeking a Trust Officer to join our team. The Trust Officer will be responsible for trust administration, servicing and managing fiduciary relationships.
We offer a full benefits package including medical, vision, dental, life and disability, flexible spending accounts, HSA, 401(k) with employer match, profit sharing, vacation time, paid holidays, EAP and more! North Shore Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Administration of personal trusts, estates, investment management agencies and IRA’s.
- Responsible for retaining, servicing, and growing assigned and developed client relationships.
- Professional account management consistent with governing documents, applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Responsible for understanding the client’s situation, circumstances and potential needs.
- Possesses technical fiduciary knowledge in the areas of law, tax, fiduciary investing, real estate, regulation, compliance and estate planning.
- Initiates regular, proactive client communications via telephone, e-mail, in writing, and in person. Exercises independent judgment in resolving client inquiries and responds to client requests in a timely and professional manner.
- Provides consultation and expertise in comprehensive fiduciary services, coordinating with attorneys and CPA’s to support estate planning efforts and new business cultivation.
- Works closely with department employees on administrative, operational and investment issues to ensure the quality of the client experience.
- Responsible for ensuring client paperwork and files are compliant with all regulations and policies. Responsible for conducting timely & complete client reviews and proactive meetings, and thoroughly documenting the files & accounting system.
- Periodically attend corporate events, social gatherings, and other events necessary to support client retention and cultivate prospective client relationships.
- 3+ years of successful experience in trust administration, servicing and managing fiduciary relationships
- Bachelor’s degree in a business related field and/or equivalent experience/training
- Technically proficient in fiduciary law, tax investments and administration
- Professional designation is required and may include, but is not limited to : CTFA, CFP, JD, CPA and /or Graduate of National Trust School
- Medical, Vision, Dental, Life and Disability, Flexible Spending Accounts, HSA
- 401(k) with Employer Match and Profit Sharing
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
- EAP & more!