The Sr. Mortgage Loan Processor and Underwriter will grow and administer First State Bank and Trust’s mortgage loans while providing clients with outstanding customer service. Responsible for the accuracy and timely processing, underwriting, closing, and funding of first and junior lien mortgage loans – in-house, portfolio and secondary market mortgage loans.
Customer Intake and Data Entry
- Meet with applicants to obtain information, complete loan applications, and answer questions about the process.
- Work collaboratively with mortgage manager to educate current and new borrowers on the bank's process and products, such as secondary market loans, in-house portfolio, bridge, construction, and HELOCs.
File System Management
- Process the documents received for each file, verifying the accuracy and completeness of each document to comply with investor and title company guidelines as well as regulatory guidelines and internal policies.
- Review residential loan application files to ensure complete application data, including type and amount of mortgage, borrower assets, liabilities, and length of employment.
- Communicate and coordinate with all parties during the mortgage origination process: realtors, borrowers, title companies, underwriters, PMI companies, builders, etc.
- Monitor the receipt of loan files, loan documents, and security instruments, including title commitments, mortgage, deed of trust documents, etc., and follow up to obtain missing items.
- Make recommendations for procedural changes to increase efficiencies.
- Select the best underwriting solution for each loan file.
- Underwrite both W2 wager and self-employed borrowers for the in-house loan portfolio.
- Analyze loan risk and request additional information as necessary.
- Understand, disseminate, communicate underwriting standards and requirements for in-house and secondary market mortgage loans.
- Review approved mortgage loans to determine conditions that must be met before closing, such as purchasing private mortgage insurance, flood requirements, title insurance issues, underwriting requirements, etc., and ensure those mortgage conditions are met.
- Perform post-closing duties such as in-house loan setup (in-house and secondary) and loan delivery for secondary market investors.
- Prepare fund request documents for wiring funds to closing and reconcile purchase advise.
- Effectively respond to current or new clients as quickly as possible, in a professional manner, while adhering to bank and mortgage regulations.
- Provide support to borrowers post-closing with loan payments, auto-pay setup, escrow, payoffs, etc.
- Assist mortgage originators and manager with community outreach by identifying events and organizing involvement and participation by staff.