WNB was formed as Winona Savings Bank and began business in July 1874. WNB’s downtown building was erected in 1916, originally housing both the Winona Savings Bank and the newly formed Winona National Bank.
Shortly after the historic building at 204 Main Street opened, the two banks merged to form "Winona National and Savings Bank". In 2001, Winona National and Savings Bank merged with its sister-bank, Town and Country State Bank, to once again form "Winona National Bank". At the time of this merger, both banks were subsidiaries of WNB Holding Company. The merger allowed a consolidation of processing, combining of expertise, and three convenient locations in Winona: East, West, and Downtown.
In 2017, a Loan Production Office (LPO) was opened in Eau Claire, Wis. to begin expanding our footprint regionally. Plans to have a full service branch are in the works for 2019. In addition, with the success of the LPO in Eau Claire, we are following the same model expanding into Holmen, Wis. The Holmen LPO was opened in August 2018.
On June 25, 2018, Winona National Bank changed its name to WNB Financial to prepare for growth and better indicate the variety of services we offer outside of traditional banking services.
In the fall of 2018, WNB Holding Company acquired First State Bank of Wabasha and First State Insurance Company. On February 4, 2019, First State Bank of Wabasha merged with WNB Financial once again expanding the WNB footprint and services.