Thank you for your interest in the Associate Membership program of the Minnesota Bankers Association (MBA). The MBA has a strong presence in the Minnesota banking community with nearly 95% of Minnesota banks active members of the MBA.
The Associate Membership program is an excellent opportunity for businesses that work with financial institutions to increase awareness of their product and/or service and further develop meaningful relationships with current and prospective customers.
Your membership with the MBA gives you exclusive access to reach your target audience through direct referrals, sponsorships and networking opportunities. The MBA takes great pride in our rigorous application process to ensure we are referring only the highest quality products and services to our valued member banks. Associate Members are vetted by our Board of Directors and selected based on a variety of acceptance criteria.
We look forward to welcoming you as an Associate Member of the Minnesota Bankers Association!
Your acceptance as an Associate Member give you access to the following benefits:
- Opportunity to sponsor the annual summit or education programs – reaching more than 3,000 bankers a year
- Member rates on ads in the association’s magazine, MBA News, and Annual Membership Directory
- Opportunity to submit articles and promotional inserts for MBA News twice a year
- Opportunity to post webinars at www.minnbankers.com made available free of charge to bank members
- Enhanced networking opportunities with key decision makers in the Minnesota banking community
- Direct referral to banks seeking a specific product or service
- Free listing and link on our website
- Your company’s name and product or service is featured in the MBA Annual Membership Directory which is circulated to financial institutions and executives
- A free subscription to the association’s magazine, MBA News (published six times a year)
- Complimentary subscription to email newsletters
- You are invited to attend the annual power-packed Washington, D.C. Trip
- You are invited to join bankers during the popular Bank Day at the Capitol
- You can enroll in any Education Program at the low member rate
- Use of the Associate Member logo
- Access to a national discount program from Office Depot. The program delivers a cost savings of up to 80% off MSLP on 350+ frequently used office supplies
The application process:
Associate membership is subject to approval by the MBA Board of Directors and the application requires references from three Minnesota banks that have used your product or service. The board will review your application at an upcoming meeting following receipt of the completed application and reference checks. Board meeting schedule: August 4, 2017; October 5, 2017; March 2018; May 2018; June 2018
Annual membership dues are $1,100 per year based on a July 1st – June 30th fiscal year. Should you join after January 1st, dues will be adjusted to $550 for the remainder of the year. Invoices will be issued following acceptance of your application. Subsequently, renewal invoices will be sent at the beginning of the new fiscal year.
About the MBA
The Minnesota Bankers Association (MBA) is the state’s largest trade association devoted exclusively to the representation of commercial banks. The MBA was founded in 1889, and we are fortunate to have the support of 340 member banks that operate in Minnesota.
In addition, MBA has nearly 125 associate members that cover over 100 different product and service categories. The MBA is devoted to ensuring that its members will survive and prosper, and has developed programs, products and services to assist members in dealing with the ever-changing financial industry.
Providing top-notch education programs and supporting our member banks with legal assistance and government relations is at the core of our organization. Here’s what we’re working on throughout the year to provide premier service to our Minnesota bankers:
The MBA’s Education Department offers classes, seminars, schools and conferences to help bankers develop their professional and technical skills. The association strives to enhance the educational offerings to its members each year. Technology has opened new avenues of alternative delivery methods, including webinars and recorded trainings.
More than 3,000 bankers attend MBA and ABA Training education programs each year. Trainings range from teller training, compliance, management and leadership skills.
The MBA Legal Department works closely with the committees to develop products and services to assist banks in the legal, legislative, compliance and regulatory areas. Resources (reference manuals and publications) that are available to MBA members include:
- General banking law and regulatory information to members, which is intended to assist bankers, not replace bank counsel
- Monthly Legal Compliance Bulletins
- Quarterly updates for the Lending Procedures & Forms Manuals and Deposit Accounts Procedures Manual
- Manuals in a computer format with key word search; and
- Safe Deposit Operations Manual
- Records Retention Manual
- Checking Account Procedures Manual
The Government Relations Department strategy is to increase member effectiveness in the political process.
The MBA Government Relations Department works to:
- Lobby for the industry at the State Capitol
- Provide informational material to elected officials on the industry’s key issues
- Keep members up to date with information on state and federal issues via the eNewsletter, Political Insight
- Track bills on pertinent legislation