Who Should Participate
You should attend this seminar if you need to learn the basics of Traditional and Roth IRAs, or need an updated, general refresher on IRA rules.
Make your attendance count towards your continuing professional education credits!
The MBA will provide a certificate of attendance that you may submit to the appropriate advisory board.
IRA Essentials gives attendees a solid foundation of IRA knowledge. Exercises are included throughout the day to help participants apply information to job-related situations. Attendees will leave this session able to work with IRA owners and process basic IRA transactions with confidence.
This is a beginner’s session; no previous IRA knowledge is assumed.
Those attending should bring a hand-held calculator.
Introduction to IRAs
- Identify the tax differences of a Traditional and Roth IRA
- Examine the process for establishing an IRA and the required documents
- Differentiate between the types of beneficiaries
- Learn about the Traditional and Roth IRA eligibility requirements
- Identify the contribution limit and deadline
- Communicate contribution reporting deadlines
- Identify federal income tax withholding requirements
- Examine IRS penalties and penalty exceptions
- Summarize the tax consequences of IRA distributions
- Communicate distribution reporting deadlines
- Differentiate between a rollover and a transfer
- Recognize rollovers between IRAs and employer-sponsored retirement plans
This seminar will be taught by an instructor from Ascensus. Ascensus instructors are recognized as some of the leading retirement plan experts in the industry. Instructors use classroom instruction, multimedia presentation, and real-world examples to create an ideal learning environment for attendees.
Registration Fee (This fee includes materials, lunch, and refreshments)
$485 if also attending Advanced IRAs
|Qualified non-member bank:
Note: You will be given the option to pay by credit card or to invoice your company during the checkout process.
Dates & Times
May 2, 2018
Check in: 8:45 AM
Program: 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Minnesota Bankers Association
8050 Washington Avenue South
Eden Prairie, MN 55344
Click here for directions
Lodging arrangements can be made at: Hyatt Place, Eden Prairie. Click here to make an online reservation, or call
952-944-9700 - dial “0” for the front desk, (Ask for the Minnesota Bankers Association rate of $145.00, plus tax)
The MBA reserves the right to cancel programs due to insufficient enrollment, instructor illness, or other reasons. Participants wishing to cancel must inform the MBA in writing prior to the event. Send cancellation notices to email@example.com. A cancellation fee of 25% of the program cost will be charged for withdrawing, or you may send a substitute. The full program fee will be charged for withdrawing after the event has taken place or a no-show.
Employees of qualified non-member banks are encouraged to apply. Please call our office for further information.
If you have a disability that may affect your participation in this program - or any dietary issues - please send a statement regarding any special needs at least two weeks prior to the program. We will contact you to discuss accommodations.