Second class added on July 18 (information to follow).
You should attend this seminar if you are an IRA administrator, a personal banker, or member services personnel with a working knowledge of basic IRA operations and wish to expand your expertise to provide enhanced customer service. A compliance specialist with procedural oversight of IRA policies and practices, or are support personnel responsible for promotional materials that describe the services provided by your financial organization.
Who Should Participate
Make your attendance count towards your continuing professional education credits!
The MBA will provide a certificate of attendance that you may submit to the appropriate advisory board.
Advanced IRAs builds on the attendee’s knowledge of IRA basics to address some of the more complex IRA issues their financial organizations may handle. This is an advanced session; previous IRA knowledge is assumed. The instructor uses real-world exercises to help participants apply information to job-related situations.
Those attending should bring a hand-held calculator.
- Explain recent changes affecting IRA owners
- Discuss the 2017 Roth modified adjusted gross income limits
- Recognize how recent changes may affect your financial organization
Required Minimum Distributions
- Calculate a required minimum distribution (RMD)
- Discuss the RMD rules and reporting requirements
- Describe beneficiary distribution options
- Recognize the differences for spouse, non-spouse and nonperson beneficiaries
- Explain beneficiary payment deadlines
- Summarize the restrictions on the movement between IRAs
- Recognize the options available when moving from an employer-sponsored retirement plan to an IRA
- Explain the result of violating the portability restrictions
Roth IRA Conversion Contributions
- Describe a conversion
- Explain the effect of withholding on a conversion
- Report a conversion
- Define the consequences of an ineligible conversion
IRA Owner Tax Forms and You
- Determine which tax forms an IRA owner must complete when certain IRA activity occurs
- Understand which IRS penalty taxes may apply to IRA owners
This seminar will be taught by an instructor from Ascensus. Ascensus instructors are recognized as some of the leading retirement plan experts in the industry. Instructors use classroom instruction, multimedia presentation, and real-world examples to create an ideal learning environment for attendees.
Registration Fee (This fee includes materials, lunch, and refreshments)
$485 if also attending IRA Essentials
|Qualified non-member bank:
Note: You will be given the option to pay by credit card or to invoice your company during the checkout process.
Dates & Times
May 3, 2018
Check in: 8:45 AM
Program: 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Minnesota Bankers Association
8050 Washington Avenue South
Eden Prairie, MN 55344
Click here for directions
Lodging arrangements can be made at: Hyatt Place, Eden Prairie. Click here to make an online reservation, or call
952-944-9700 - dial “0” for the front desk, (Ask for the Minnesota Bankers Association rate of $148.00, plus tax)
The MBA reserves the right to cancel programs due to insufficient enrollment, instructor illness, or other reasons. Participants wishing to cancel must inform the MBA in writing prior to the event. Send cancellation notices to firstname.lastname@example.org. A cancellation fee of 25% of the program cost will be charged for withdrawing, or you may send a substitute. The full program fee will be charged for withdrawing after the event has taken place or a no-show.
Employees of qualified non-member banks are encouraged to apply. Please call our office for further information.
If you have a disability that may affect your participation in this program - or any dietary issues - please send a statement regarding any special needs to email@example.com at least two weeks prior to the program. We will contact you to discuss accommodations.